Best Santa Monica Summer Beach Camp for 2021
Join other Santa Monica families this summer at Fitness by the Sea, Santa Monica’s premiere beach camp for ages 4 to 14.
Santa Monica families have been enjoying our great camps for 22 years. Why? Because we have great programs geared to fun, friendship, and personal growth all with caring counselors in the most beautiful beach location available.
Here are some of the great things about FBS:
- Due to Covid and LA County Health Department guidelines, this summer we have week-by-week scheduling. We don’t lock parents into a set schedule of days, you pick the # of camp days when you want, whether it’s 1 week or 12. Add as many as you want whenever you want!
- We are recognized by the Chief of LA County Lifeguards as the “Safest Beach Camp” for the past 22 years.
- We offer over 200 different activities, making every day different and appealing to kids ages 4 to 14 of all levels of ocean experience, skills, and interests.
- We let our campers choose what they want to do, so they always have chance to find something they love—whether for the afternoon or for life.
Don’t let another summer pass by without providing this wonderful opportunity for your kids! Sign Up Today!
Santa Monica Camp
810 Pacific Coast Highway
Santa Monica, CA 90403
Hassle-Free Enrollment. You Pick the Days!
Signing up for camp can be stressful. Fitness by the Sea takes the stress away. You can schedule the days of camp YOUR way; pick just the days you want, and then if you run into a snag, you can change it up, for No additional cost!
Plus, there is no minimum required. Busy schedule? Sign up for just a week. Then, if you find some extra time in your schedule—and if you kid begs you for more weeks—you can add as your schedule, and budget, permits.
How Much Does FBS Cost?
We want camp to be affordable for as many campers as possible. That’s why we have kept our prices as low as possible for our 22 years. If you enroll in one of our camps, the daily rate is $80 per day (depending on how many days you purchase)
Bus Stop for Santa Monica Families
Some parents whose kids have been attending FBS for years are surprised to know we offer a bus stop close to the Santa Monica area at the Brentwood Science Magnet School, located between San Vicente Blvd. and Montana.
Here are some of the great features of our transportation service:
- Convenient stop at Brentwood Science Magnet School
- Reasonable prices. Just $10 one way or $18 round-trip per day.
- Activities and games provided by counselors on the bus.
- Well-trained drivers from a professional bus company to ensure safe, reliable transport of our campers.
Open House – Sneak Peek at Fitness by the Sea!
Words, pictures, and videos can only go so far. We love to show families who we are by having them come out and see us in action–and participate too! Join us for one of our Open Houses at Will Rogers State Beach, Tower 14, in the Pacific Palisades for a sneak peek.
We’ll have games, food and refreshments, arts and crafts, and some amazing activities in the water and on the sand. It’s a great opportunity for a family day at the beach and to meet our FBS family of counselors, and other kids and adults who are attending the camp.
Be sure to grab your free tickets here!
Safety Is Every Parent’s Main Concern—and Ours Too
The number one concern we hear from parents whenever we talk to them is, “Will my child be safe at your camp?” We understand your concern, and it is our top-of-mind concern too. We have been in operation for 22 years, and our safety record is 100 percent.
Having this distinctive reputation as the “Safest Beach Camp” for the past 22 years means we are carefully watched each day by the LA County Captains and Lifeguards, who observe our program in action to make sure we’re complying with all the LA County Lifeguards safety and quality standards relating to key components of camp operation.
The Power of Choosing Your Own Activities
Fitness by the Sea (FBS) was the first beach camp in Southern California to allow campers to choose their own activities throughout the day.
During each activity period campers are presented with between 5-15 (depending on camp location) different activities to choose from. They are free to participate in as few or as many as they wish and are free to start and stop activities as they desire.
This gives campers control of their day and allows them to customize their camp experience to suit their tastes. As campers move between activities, our directors shift staff to maintain our ratios and ensure camper safety.
By offering campers “The Power of Choice,” they develop self-reliance, confidence, and leadership abilities as they actively explore the FBS world.
What Camp Location is Best for My Child
We talk a lot about giving kids the freedom of choice in activities—they can move from one activity to another as their mood, curiosity, and energy level drives them. The same goes for our three different camp locations. All of our locations are 2 miles apart and offer the same awesome experience, but they are different sizes:
- Our Santa Monica camp is just 1.3 miles north of the Pier at 810 Pacific Coast Hwy, Santa Monica, CA 90403. Drop off and pick up is in Parking Lot #8 North. This camp is large enough to offer an amazing selection of activities and all the spirit and energy of FBS, but still small enough for those campers who prefer a more nurturing environment. Ages range from 4 to 14.
- Pacific Palisades (Will Rogers State Beach, Tower 14) This camp offers the largest variety of activities and hosts the most campers on a daily basis. Ages range from 4 to 14.
- If your child is 4-years-old, our Clownfish program, offered at both our Santa Monica and Pacific Palisades camps, are led by dedicated professionals who focus on the needs of our youngest campers providing a lower 5:1 camper to staff ratio. Our Clownfish programs offer a smaller, nurturing environment specifically tailored to pre-school age children. These programs are offered directly adjacent to each of our main camp sites.
Counselors Who Create Lifelong Memories
At Fitness by the Sea, we believe we are only as good as our staff and counselors. Here are some great things about our team:
- The average age of our counselors is 26 years old. That means they have the maturity level and experience to deal with kids.
- Many of our counselors have been here for five, six, or more years. We know children love continuity, so it’s important that they know a favorite counselor is committed for more than just a summer.
When we say we are one big goofy, happy family, we mean it. In fact, many of our staffers were once FBS campers themselves!
Flexible Options for Every Family
Because we understand how stressful signing up for camp can be with juggling schedules and fitting everything into a summer that is gone before you know it, we want to make the signup process as easy as we can.
We also offer fantastic and reasonably priced add-ons, like healthy lunches, early and extended care, and transportation options in Brentwood (Brentwood Science Magnet School) to serve as many families as possible.
Spots do fill up quickly, so be sure sign up today!