San Fernando Valley Families #1 Summer Beach Camp for the Past 22 Years
TRANSPORTATION available in Sherman Oaks and Woodland Hills.
Here are just some of the great things FBS offers in a positive, encouraging environment:
- We offer convenient week-by-week scheduling, which allows you to sign up when you want.
- We let each child choose from a variety of team sports, water sports, performing and visual arts, individual sports, and in the shade activities so they can find something they love to participate in.
- Best of all we have a 100 percent safety record and recognized as the “Safest Beach Camp” in the Los Angeles area for the past 22 years.
And remember, all of our camps cater to first-time campers and kids new to the ocean. No Prior ocean experience is required. Non-swimmers are welcome!
Bus Stops in Sherman Oaks and Woodland Hills
Fitness by the Sea offer great, affordable transportation options. Here are some of the fantastic things about our service:
- Convenient bus stops in Sherman Oaks and Woodland Hills
- Round-trip and one-way options available
- Activities and games provided by counselors on the bus
- Trained, professional drivers to ensure safe, reliable transport equipped with seat belts
To find the closest stop, just click sign-up and check out the options on the registration form.
Convenient Day-by Day Enrollment
Now here’s something you’ll really love. Fitness by the Sea Beach Camp pioneered the “day-by-day enrollment” concept, which means you can send your child to camp whenever you want with no advance sessions or long-term enrollment commitments to conform to.
You can sign up for a day here, a day there, or any combination of days or weeks you want. This flexibility will always be available to you when signing up.
How Much Does Fitness by the Sea Beach Camp Cost?
The current daily rate to attend Fitness by the Sea Beach Camp is $80 per day (depending on the number of days you purchase). This rate includes all camp equipment, instruction, activities, equipment, special days and events, and of course the freedom to create your own camp schedule sending your child to camp whenever you want.
Come Meet Us at our Open House
At Fitness by the Sea, we emphasize that kids learn by doing. So let your kids join in the action and try us out! We’ll be on hand to answer any questions you may have about our program.
Come out to Will Rogers State Beach, Lifeguard Tower 14 in the Pacific Palisades for our open house for a day of fun, family, friends, entertainment, and participate some of our fantastic water and sand activities.
We anticipate a full crowd, so grab your tickets in advance here. It’s totally free of charge.
FBS Always Puts Safety First
Safety is our top priority at all times. We ensure that campers are safe in the water, safe from the sun, and safe on the beach. We have devoted an entire page of this website to explaining our vast safety measures.
You can rest assured that your child will be safe at Fitness by the Sea. But you don’t have to take our word for it … FBS has been recognized as “the safest beach camp” in the Los Angeles area for the past 22 years!
Here’s just some of our safety measures:
- All staff are CPR and First Aid Certified
- 6:1 Camper to Staff Ratio
- Water Safety – Counselors are placed directly in the water with the campers while on-staff lifeguards watch from the beach. Professional Lifeguards are also on duty directly adjacent to our camp.
- Staff Chaperoned Bathroom Visits
- Sunscreen is liberally applied with staff assistance throughout the day.
How Can We Offer So Many Activities?
How can we offer so many activities? We want to provide endless opportunities for kids. We know this is the best time when kids are most open to new things—before they say, heartbreakingly, “I tried that; I’m no good at it.”
When activities are wrapped in a culture of fun and acceptance, it lays a foundation for building extraordinary kids. We encourage campers to take safe risks, push their own limits, and discover their unique abilities.
When you sign up for Fitness by the Sea Beach Camp your child will enjoy 5 different camp programs and activities all in the same day:
- Water Activities– surfing, boogie boarding, swimming, paddling…
- Team Sports– soccer, baseball, football, basketball…
- Creative Activities– arts and crafts, nature walks, obstacle courses, yoga…
- Individual Sports– gymnastics, martial arts, dance, cheerleading…
- In the Shade Activities– puppet shows, magic shows, story telling, face painting…
A Camp for Every Child
We understand every child has unique requirements depending on their age, skill level, and interests. That’s why we customize the camp experience for every camper. With this in mind, we also offer camps with different sizes:
- Our Clownfish program, located at our and Pacific Palisades and Santa Monica locations, is the first beach day camp just for younger kids age 4 years old. Each day is filled with safe, fun, and exciting summer camp activities your child is sure to love.
- Our Santa Monica camp is large enough to offer a wide variety of activities and all the spirit and energy of Fitness by the Sea, but still small enough for those campers who prefer a more nurturing environment. Ages range from 4 to 14.
- Many of our returning campers love the Pacific Palisades location because it offers an unmatched variety of choices for campers and an unparalleled level of energy and spirit. Ages range from 4 to 14.
Long-lasting bonds with our Counselors
You know what really makes Fitness by the Sea Beach camp the best? Our counselors and staff! We have an amazing team of enthusiastic young men and women — generally teachers, child development specialists, activity professionals, and college students — who’ve signed on to make your child’s summer camp experience the best it could ever be. Many of our counselors, assistant directors, and directors are former campers themselves.
They know they are providing lifelong memories, and they seek out the kids on the sidelines and nudge them into participating and trying new things. We want each child’s experience to be the greatest camp day they’ve ever had!
We’re looking forward to a great summer and so happy your child will join us! If you have any questions, check out our FAQs. It contains tons of great info. If you have concerns not addressed, shoot us an email or give us a call (310) 459-2425. We are always available for your questions.
We strive to make the signup process easy, and we like to stay as flexible as possible, so we offer day-to-day signup and great add-ons like healthy lunch choices, early care (8:30-9am) and extended care hours (3:30pm-5:30pm) that you can add as needed. Camps do fill up, so be sure to sign up today