Join Us for the Best Beach Camp Experience for Los Angeles Kids Ages 4 to 14!
We have been serving families from Los Angeles and surrounding neighborhoods since 2000. Our unique day camps located in Santa Monica and the Pacific Palisades empower campers by providing them with an environment that fosters growth and encourages making active and productive choices.
Here’s a quick rundown of some of the great things Fitness by the Sea Beach Camp has to offer:
- 100% safety record. In fact, we are recognized as “the safest beach camp” in the Los Angeles area for the past 24 years.
- Due to Covid and the LA County Health Department this summer we are offering convenient, flexible, week-by-week scheduling. Come for 1 week or 11!
- Up to 200 different beach activities, making every day different and appealing to kids ages 4 to 14 of all levels of ocean experience, skill level, and interests
- Great transportation options. We have buses around the Los Angeles area with bus stops in Mar Vista, Westwood, and Cheviot Hills.
Don’t miss out! Sign up today!
Expanded Transportation Service for Los Angeles Families
In 2016, we began offering transportation to and from our four beach camps so that families with kids outside the immediate area could start enjoying beach camp too.
Here are some of the great benefits of letting us do the driving:
- We offer bus stops in Westwood, Cheviot Hills, and Mar Vista.
- We contract with a professional bus company to ensure safe, reliable transport of our campers to and from camp.
- We offer both round-trip and one-way only options.
- Short bus rides with few stops. Your child won’t be spending precious time getting to and from camp.
When you sign up, just click the option showing the closest stop on the registration page.
Beach Camp Signup, À La Carte Style
We were the first LA-area camp to offer week-by-week signup. That means that we cater to your scheduling needs. Choose 1 week here, another week there—whatever works for you. Hit a snag and realize there’s an issue? No problem. You can switch to another week.
We want your camp experience to be a great one for both you and your child. And that means not just providing a safe, fun, enriching camp experience; it means taking the stress out of camp signup too!
Early Bird Signup – Save 10%
We want as many kids as we can to have as much fun as we do every day. That’s why we offer an Early Bird discount rate as low as $432 per week. This price includes all camp activities, supervision, instruction, and program equipment provided by the camp.
Open House – Try Us Out for Free
We plan all year to make sure to offer the best beach day camp anywhere. So, this time of year, as people start making their plans for the summer, we REALLY want to show our stuff! Come out to our next Open House at our beautiful beach location at the Pacific Palisades and try us out.
We’ll have plenty of games, refreshments, prizes, and entertainment on hand—and it’s totally free! Best of all, we will have demos of all our amazing activities, so your child (and you!) can join in and see what we’re all about.
You’ll find the details here. Please get your tickets in advance and bring the whole family. We expect a full crowd!
Safety is a Top Priority at FBS Summer Camp
Fitness by the Sea has been recognized as “the safest beach camp” in the Los Angeles area for the past 23 years. We take safety very seriously. Here is just a short list of our safety features at FBS:
- 6:1 Camper to Staff Ratio
- Water Safety – Counselors are placed directly in the water with the campers while on-staff lifeguards watch from the beach. Professional Lifeguards are also on duty directly adjacent to our camp.
- Staff Chaperoned Bathroom Visits
- Sunscreen is liberally applied with staff assistance throughout the day
You can read more about our safety policies on Safety Page and FAQ page.
5 Camp Programs in One
When you sign up for Fitness by the Sea Beach Camp your child will enjoy 5 different camp programs and activities all in the same day:
- Water Activities—surfing, boogie boarding, swimming, skim boarding…
- Team Sports—soccer, baseball, football, basketball…
- Creative Activities—arts and crafts, nature walks, obstacle courses, yoga
- Individual Sports—gymnastics, martial arts, dance, cheerleading…
- In the Shade Activities – puppet shows, magic shows, storytelling, face painting…
Campers are free to participate in as few or as many activities as they wish and are free to start and stop activities as they desire. This gives your child control of their day and allows them to customize their camp experience to suit their tastes.
2 Camps to Choose from in Santa Monica and Pacific Palisades
We understand that kids have different needs, depending on their age, interests, personalities, and skill levels. That’s why we offer two different camps both conveniently located for Los Angeles families:
- Our Santa Monica camp for children, ages 4-14, is located North of the Pier, at 810 Pacific Coast Highway, Parking Lot #8 North. A perfect choice for Los Angeles families, this camp locations is big enough to offer a huge variety of activities but still small enough for those campers who prefer a more nurturing environment.
- Our Pacific Palisades for children, ages 4-14, is located at Will Rogers State Beach, Tower 14. This camp offers the widest variety of activities on any given day. Many of our returning campers love this location.
- If your child is 4-years-old, our Clownfish program, offered at both our Santa Monica and Pacific Palisades camps, are led by dedicated professionals who focus on the needs of our youngest campers providing a lower 6:1 camper to staff ratio. Our Clownfish programs offer a smaller, nurturing environment specifically tailored to pre-school age children.
If after attending a camp, you want to switch to a different one, we can do that too! We want to make sure each camper has a customized experience.
Best Counselors in the Business
At Fitness by the Sea, we know we are only as good as our counselors. That’s why we hire only the best of the best. Here are some of our hiring practices to make sure your child has the best camp experience possible:
- We are super-choosy and select counselors for their enthusiasm, dependability, creativity, dedication, and the passion to shape kids’ lives.
- Our counselors know how to get down on a kid’s level, both literally and figuratively, to engage with them one on one.
- We select mature counselors who understand the impact they have on every child’s life and they take their role as mentors and examples seriously.
We understand how stressful signing up for camp can be. That’s why we like to keep things flexible by offering day-by-day signup and great add-ons. like healthy lunch choices, and extended care hours (3:30pm-5:30pm) that you can add as needed. We have great transportation options with bus stops in Westwood, Mar Vista, and Cheviot Hills neighborhoods.
If you’re ready for your kids to have the best summer camp experience available, here’s our 2023 summer camp Enrollment Form. Camps do fill up, so sign up today!