Fitness by the Sea Beach Camp – Building Confidence and Character for Cheviot Hills Kids, Ages 4-14 for the past 23 Years
We often talk about how Fitness by the Sea, with beach camp locations in Santa Monica and the Pacific Palisades has helped kids ages 4 to 14 develop a positive, optimistic self-image for 23 years, but your kids won’t notice that—at least not until they are much older. They’ll be too busy having the time of their lives! After all, isn’t that what childhood and summer are all about?
Here are some of the great things about our camp:
- Due to Covid and the LA County Health Department guidelines this summer, we are offering flexible week-by-week scheduling
- Convenient bus stop at the Cheviot Hills Recreation Center
- 100% safety record. In fact, FBS has been recognized as the “safest beach camp” in the Los Angeles area for the past 23 years.
- Over 50 activities, selected by kids each day, making every day different
Don’t let another summer pass by without providing this wonderful opportunity for your kids! Sign up today!
Bus Stop just for Cheviot Hills Families
We’re excited to offer lower pricing and more bus stops that ever before! Click here to see all of our bus routes in Cheviot Hills, Westwood, and Mar Vista including pick up and drop off times.
Whether you need round-trip or one-way service, there’s a stop near you. Our buses are provided by a professional local company, so the service is convenient, efficient, and safe. Also, at least two counselors are on the bus to provide care, games, and entertainment for each child. It’s like an extended camp day!
Camp Days Your Way, Sign Up by the Week!!
At Fitness by the Sea, we want you and your child to have the best camp experience possible. So when we developed our program, we looked at what we felt was lacking at other camps. We were the first to offer day-by-day signups—because we know how life can be and removing the stress of trying to fit your child’s schedule into neat little boxes is not realistic. Life doesn’t work that way, and we don’t either.
Early Bird Discount- Save 10%
We want as many kids to have as much fun as we do every day. That’s why we offer an Early Bird discount rate as low as $81 per day. This price includes all camp activities, supervision, instruction, and program equipment provided by the camp. Just sign up by May 1 to enjoy this offer.
Open House- Come Spend Some Time with Us
We know we offer the best day camp experience available for kids 4 to 14, but there’s only so much we can tell you in words, pictures, and videos. We want to meet you and show you exactly what we’re all about!
We will have tons of activities, games, prizes, and refreshments—all totally free! Reserve a spot today for this amazing up-close experience!
Safety First, Always!
When we talk to parents, one of their top concerns is always safety– and rightfully so! That is why all of our locations are staffed with mature, well-trained staff members, many of whom are parents and teachers!
We prefer to hire an older more responsible adult (average age 26) to interact with your child, especially around the water where everyone is CPR trained and first aid certified. At Fitness by the Sea, we keep a 6:1 camper to staff ratio at all times.
Our approach to safety is three-tiered: safety in the water, safety from the sun, and safety from others. We make sure that our safety procedures are all-inclusive because your child’s protection is what we care about most!
An Activity for Every Mind and Every Mood
We love kids because their minds are so open to trying new things. That’s why we offer over 50 different activities each day —and those activities can change on the fly with the group dynamics, personalities, skills, and ages of the kids. If your child wants to play a game of basketball and then chill in the shade with quiet activities, that’s great. We stay flexible, always working with kids because that’s how kids’ minds work and we think that’s awesome.
Here’s just a sample of some of our activities:
- Water activities—surfing, boogie boarding, swimming, paddling…
- Team sports—soccer, baseball, football, basketball…
- Individual sports—gymnastics, martial arts, cheerleading, fencing…
- Creative activities—arts and crafts, dance, obstacle courses, nature walks, …
- In the Shade activities– magic and puppet shows, storytelling, face painting…
Locations in Santa Monica and Pacific Palisades for Kids 4 to 14
In most cases, the closest location will be your best choice since our camps all offer our unique variety of activities, safety, and the high energy and spirit we are known for.
- If your child is 4-years-old, our Clownfish program, offered at both our Santa Monica and Pacific Palisades camps, are led by dedicated professionals who focus on the needs of our youngest campers providing a lower 5:1 camper to staff ratio. Our Clownfish programs offer a smaller, nurturing environment specifically tailored to pre-school age children. These programs are offered directly adjacent to each of our main camp sites.
- If your child is 5 to 14, they will have the opportunity to choose from over 50 different activities each day at both our Santa Monica and Pacific Palisades camps. We love how each child brings a unique personality, set of skills, experience level, and interests. We celebrate that and offer a customizable camp experience for every child.
- Our Santa Monica camp is conveniently located just 1 mile from downtown Santa Monica and just 1.3 miles north of the Pier. Simply pull into Parking Lot #8 North (810 Pacific Coast Highway, Santa Monica) for convenient drop off and pick up.
- Our Pacific Palisades camp is situated at the south end of Will Rogers State Beach at Lifeguard Tower 14, directly adjacent to the County Lifeguard Headquarters building. Enter the parking lot at the intersection of Pacific Coast Hwy and Temescal Cyn Rd and go South approximately 1 mile.
Any camp can offer a ton of activities. At Fitness by the Sea, we love our activities, but we know at the heart of the action are the counselors. That’s why we hire only the very best, handpicked for imagination, creativity, ability to deal with kids on a one-to-one and group level, dedication, and a passion for play! They dial into kids’ endless imaginations and create a safe, nurturing, and fun environment for kids to test their limits, try new things, and make new friends. They understand that these are skills that will build confidence and character and will last a lifetime!
We’re looking forward to a great summer and so happy your child will join us! If you have any questions, check out our FAQs. It contains tons of great info. If you have concerns not addressed, shoot us an email or give us a call (310) 459-2425. We are always available for your questions.
We strive to make the sign up process easy, and we like to stay as flexible as possible, so we offer week-to-week signup and great add-ons like healthy lunch choices, early care (8:30-9am) and extended care hours (3:30pm-5:30pm) that you can add as needed. We have great transportation options with a bus stop at the Cheviot Hills Recreation Center. Camps do fill up, so be sure to sign up today