Fitness by the Sea: Brentwood’s Best Beach Camp for Kids Ages 4 to 14 for Over 22 Years!
I’m Eric Colton. I started Fitness by the Sea Beach Camp 22 years ago with beach side locations in Santa Monica and Pacific Palisades. Because of my own incredible experience attending camp as a child for 9 summers, I wanted to provide that same opportunity for as many Brentwood area kids as I could.
My wife, Billie, joined me in 2004 and now we have three kids of our own. We drew from our family’s experiences at all kinds of camps, and because we’ve been in the business for 22 years, we have a good idea of what kids and parents are looking for in a camp. We now offer the best beach camp experience anywhere, customized for every kid ages 4 to 14.
Here are some of the many great reasons to join us:
- Recognized as the “Safest Beach Camp” in the LA area for the past 22 years
- Due to Covid and the LA County Health Department guidelines this summer, we are offering convenient, flexible, week-by-week scheduling.
- Bus Transportation locally at Brentwood Science Magnet School
- Up to 50 different beach activities for children to pick and choose each day
- Camps in the Pacific Palisades and Santa Monica to choose from that are customized for your child’s needs
Don’t miss out! Sign up today!
Transportation from Brentwood Science Elementary School
Some parents whose kids have been attending FBS for years are surprised to know we now offer a bus stop from the Brentwood area at Brentwood Science Magnet School, located at 740 Gretna Green Way. So, why not join other Brentwood families and take advantage of our convenient summer camp bus service
Each bus is equipped with the latest safety equipment, including seat belts, and driven by a professional bus driver from a local bus company. And, because we realize every minute of the summer is precious, at least two of our fantastic counselors is onboard to entertain, care for, and play games with our campers. It’s really an extension of the camp day!
Hassle-Free Enrollment. You Pick the Weeks!
Many camps offer weeklong camps where you need to sign up for a specific week or two. Then when the time rolls around, you find a conflict and your child ends up missing some days—and you end up paying for nothing. At FBS, YOU pick the weeks. You can even change the weeks if something unexpected comes up—right up to the Friday before the next scheduled week!
Early Bird Discount Rate
We started this camp 22 years ago because we know how role-modeling, exposure to different activities, and being outdoors in nature can have a tremendous, positive effect on kids for their entire lives. We know it because we experienced it ourselves. That’s why we offer a flexible weekly schedule, endless activities, and an Early Bird special rate as low as $80 per day. Be sure to sign up to take advantage of this discount!
Open House – Summer Camp Kickoff!
We can’t wait to show you everything that makes our summer camp a great experience for kids ages 4 to 14. That’s why we kick off the summer camp season with open houses at our Pacific Palisades location for parents and kids to experience what makes Fitness by the Sea so special.
There will be games, prizes, refreshments, and tons of entertainment—totally free of charge. It’s a great way to see what a day at camp is like. Be sure to bring your family and friends. We want to meet you and your kids! We always get a full crowd, so grab your free tickets here to this fun event today.
Safety First at FBS
Fitness by the Sea day camp have been recognized as “the safest beach camp” in the Los Angeles area for over 20 years and safety is of paramount importance. Though we believe in fun, we take every precaution to ensure that kids will be secure and protected in every way.
Our safety measures include
- 6:1 camper to staff ratio and that is strictly maintained.
- Counselors in the water with children at all times while lifeguards observe from the shore and LA County lifeguards in the towers
- Counselors apply sunscreen to kids to protect their delicate skin 3 times per day
- We also insist on chaperoned bathroom visits
What Kinds of Camp Activities Do We Do?
Fitness by the Sea Beach Camp is an aquatic and sand beach camp with over 200 safe and fun water and sand activities your child is sure to love. From soccer to gymnastics to boogie boarding and surfing, our activities naturally center around the water and sand.
If kids need a break from sand, surf, and sun, we have cabanas featuring arts and crafts, puppet and magic shows, storytelling, and more! We go with the flow and adapt on the fly to your child’s needs.
Whether your child is a first-time camper or been with us for years, you’ll quickly see why Fitness by the Sea Beach Camp has been L.A.’s favorite beach and ocean summer camp program among Brentwood families for the past 22 years.
A Camp Experience for Every Stage of Development
We have a program and camp to suit every kid’s—and parent’s—needs.
- Our Pacific Palisades camp is for children ages 4-14. Located at Will Rogers State Beach, Lifeguard Tower 14 this camp is our largest location and offers the broadest choice of activities on any given day.
- Our Santa Monica camp is also for children ages 4-14. Located at 810 Pacific Coast Hwy (drop off and pick up in Parking Lot #8 North) this camp offers an astonishing number of activities, but because it’s a little smaller, it’s great for kids who prefer a more nurturing camp environment.
- Our Clownfish program for our 4-year old campers is offered at both our Santa Monica and Pacific Palisades camp locations. These campers are provided an age-specific camp experience directly adjacent to our main camp sites.
Our counselors are special people who get right in there and join the fun as active participants and supporters. Whether cheering loudly, singing energetically, coaching, returning a serve, or lending a hand, FBS staff members are there for our campers every step of the way to ensure an amazing summer experience for your child.
Our staff always keep an eye out for any child who hesitant to participate but clearly wants to. No child is forced to do anything they don’t want to, but a careful nudge into exploring something new builds self-esteem and confidence that will last long after the summer is over.
Sign Up Info
We’re looking forward to a great summer and so happy your child will join us! Sign up here for the 2021 Summer Camp Enrollment Form. Once you do, you can add days and move them around as you wish. You can even switch to another camp location if you want, as we offer three camp sizes.
Don’t forget about our bus stop at Brentwood Science Magnet School. We can’t wait to meet you and your kids!