The Best Bel Air Summer Camp of 2021!
If your Bel Air family is searching for a nearby summer camp for kids to enjoy hours of fun and sun on the beach, Fitness by the Sea has you covered! FBS has been serving Bel Air and its surrounding Los Angeles neighborhoods with convenient, safe, and fun-filled beach summer camps in the Pacific Palisades and Santa Monica for the past 22 years!
While you may feel like the beach is too far from Bel Air, we have you covered with a convenient bus stops in Sherman Oaks and Westwood to get your camper to Fitness by the Sea.
Don’t let another summer pass by without providing this wonderful opportunity for your kids! Sign up today!
Added Convenience of More Bus Stops
Parents love the convenience of our transportation service. We offer round-trip and one-way service options from all of our bus stops in Sherman Oaks, Westwood, Brentwood, Hancock Park, Woodland Hills, Cheviot Hills, Mar Vista, and Topanga Canyon.
In addition to a trained driver from a local professional bus company and the latest safety equipment, each bus has at least one counselor onboard to entertain, sing songs, and hold friendly contests with the kids. It’s also a great way for kids to make friendships that are sure to continue once they unload onto the beach!
Click here to see all of our bus route details, including pickup and drop-off times. Whether you need round-trip or one-way service, there’s likely a stop just minutes away!
Customizable, Week-to-Week Sign Up
Since we are parents with our own kids and know how busy parents and kids are these days, we decided early on to offer week-to-week signups. What that means is that you have a season of 60 camp days to choose from with NO minimum number of days. Sign up for one week. If your child comes home and wants more—and we think they will!—add another week. It’s totally up to you!
Open House at Will Rogers State Beach, Lifeguard Tower 14 … Just a Stone’s Throw from Bel Air
We hope this overview of our 2020 summer camp program for Bel Air kids helps to show you how much fun your child will have with us. How about learning more and meeting our staff at our next Open House in Pacific Palisades?
It’s free, close to Bel Air, and a great way for your whole family to get an up close and personal look at our camp before the real thing starts in June. We look forward to seeing you there!
A Strong Emphasis on Safety
As parents, we understand that safety is a top concern when your send your children off to camp- especially a camp where water activities are involved! That is why all of our camps are staffed with mature counselors, many of whom are parents and teachers!
We prefer to hire an older more responsible adult (average age 26) to interact with your child, especially around the water where everyone is CPR trained and first aid certified. At Fitness by the Sea, we adhere to a camper to staff ratio of 6:1 at all times, with an even smaller ratio (3:1) when kids are surfing or paddling.
50 Daily Activities- Limitless Opportunities for Growth
Kids have amazing minds that are open to trying new things and are continually growing. That’s why we love offering tons of activities. Here is just a sampling of what your child will experience—even in one day!
- Water Activities—surfing, boogie boarding, swimming, paddling…
- Team Sports—soccer, baseball, football, basketball…
- Individual Sports—gymnastics, martial arts, dance, cheerleading…
- Creative Activities—arts and crafts, nature walks, obstacle courses, yoga…
- In the Shade Activities– puppet shows, story telling, magic shows, face painting…
Kids can try out something and if it’s not for them, they can move on. No pressure; just fun! They can participate in as few or as many activities as they wish and can start and stop activities as they desire. This gives your child control of their day and allows them to customize their camp experience to suit their tastes.
Which Camp Location is Best for Bel Air Families?
Typically, either of our camp locations will be perfectly fine for your family so we encourage you to make your choice based on location and convenience. However, there are some slight differences between our camps.
- Our Pacific Palisades camp, located at Will Rogers State Beach, offers our broadest range of activities and a high-energy experience. We welcome kids 5 to 14 here, and this camp tends to appeal to campers that want to try one of the 50 different activities being offered each day. It is a high-energy experience, offering non-stop choices.
- Our Santa Monica camp, located off Pacific Coast Highway and the CA Incline combines the best of both worlds: a large number of activities and a smaller feel for campers who like a more nurturing camp experience. We welcome kids 5 to 14.
- Our youngest campers are welcome at both camp locations into our Clownfish program which is specifically designed with 4-year old children in mind. This program is offered in an intimate setting directly adjacent to our main camp locations and offers a low, 5 to 1 campers to staff ratio and age-appropriate programming.
Our Camp Counselors are part of the Family
You know what really makes Fitness by the Sea Beach camp the best? Our counselors and staff! We have an amazing team of enthusiastic young men and women — generally teachers, child development specialists, activity professionals, and college students — who’ve signed on to make your child’s summer camp experience the best it could ever be. Many of our counselors, assistant directors, and directors are former campers themselves. That’s why we say when you join Fitness by the Sea, you and your child become one of the family!
Limited Space Available
Fitness by the Sea has very limited space this summer for just a certain number of kids, so we’re operating on a first-come, first-served basis only. If you want to reserve your space and be sure we have room for you, sign up for camp today.
If you decide to choose bus transportation, you’ll be able to click the Westwood or Sherman Oaks bus stop directly from the enrollment form. We’re looking forward to seeing you this summer! So many other Bel Air families are already signed up, we hope you’ll join them too! 🙂